The Ultimate Guide To Pintail Longboarding: Tips And Tricks
Pintail longboarding is indeed a fun outdoor activity and by learning a few tips and tricks you can make your cruising further exciting too. So, here are a few tips and tricks that you can try with your best pintail longboard.
- Cross Step: This is a great trick for longboard surfing. Begin by bringing the front foot towards the edge of your heel side. Then cross the backfoot to the front while stepping over the heel side. Bring the front foot over the top and the back foot towards the back. Then move to carve towards the side of the toe. Remember to keep your head towards the front to stop you from falling on your back. Also, sift the arms and hips in different directions to maintain balance.
- Pirouette: This is more like a ballerina. Put the front foot towards the center of the board. It must point forward. Putting the body weight on the front foot, make a 360 degrees spin over the ball of the foot. Come back to your original position and keep on riding. Ensure that you are spinning over the ball of the foot and not on the heels.
- Peter Pan: This trick sets you to walk crisscross over the longboard. Bring the front foot to the back on the edge of the toe side and cross the front foot across the edge of the heel side. Repeat it multiple times before returning to the former position.
- 180 Step: Before doing this step make sure of being comfortable with switching rides. Bring the front foot towards the middle of the edge on the toe side and take the back foot across the top side. It must point towards the left side of the board. And you switch the position. Repeat it to return to the former position.
- Tiger Claw: This is a favorite trick for many. Remember that in this trick you need to use your arm’s strength. Put the front foot towards the middle and the back foot towards the tail. While shifting the front foot off the board, use the back foot to pop up the board. Then, using the left hand hold the right end of your board. Use this momentum and spin the board to a three hundred and sixty degrees angle horizontally. As it is about to complete a circle, let the board go off the hand. Then jump back leaning your front foot on the ground.
- Hippie Jump: This is a great trick for jumping over obstacles. To do this trick, roll the longboard for a while to gain some speed and then jump straight up. The momentum of the longboard will make you travel over obstacles. Keep your knees bent while it lands. Ensure not to lean forward while taking the jump rather try to stay stable or else you shall fall on the ground on your back.